ADVERTORIAL BY TAKEDA MEDICAL
Vyvanse® (lisdexamfetamine dimesilate) for treatment of adults with ADHD:
PBS listed from 1 February 20211,2
Long-acting stimulants are recommended overseas as first-line treatment for adults (>18 years) with ADHD.3 Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesilate) is a pro-drug long-acting stimulant offering the convenience of once-daily dosing, providing consistent delivery of dexamphetamine with linear pharmacokinetics after a single oral dose.2,4,5
In clinical trials, Vyvanse demonstrated:
- Significant improvement in effortful performance from 2–14 hours
post dose vs placebo (P<0.0001) measured by PERMP total score1,2
- Maintenance of symptom control with long-term use – mean improvement in ADHD RS scores vs baseline (p<0.0001) for up to 12 months6–8
- Well-established safety profile consistent with other long-acting stimulants.2,8
For more information on Vyvanse, contact Takeda Medical Information on
1800 012 612; medinfoAPAC@takeda.com. Vyvanse product information available at www.takeda.com/en-au/what-we-do/our-products/
- Australian Government. Department of Health. Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
- VYVANSE (lisdexamfetamine dimesilate) Approved Product Information.
- Canadian ADHD Practice Guidelines, 4.1 Edition, 2018.
- Pennick M. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 2010;6:317–27.
- Ermer J et al. J Clin Pharmacol 2010;50(9):1001–10.
- Wigal T et al. Behav Brain Funct 2010;6:34.
- Brams M et al. J Clin Psychiatry 2012;73:977–83.
- Weisler R et al. CNS Spectr 2009;14:573–85. C-APROM/AU/Vyv/0006 Vyvanse.